Time to paint, any suggestions?

thechickenchick

Born city, Living country
11 Years
Mar 8, 2008
Eaton, Colorado
We are getting new flooring in our bedroom and have decided now would be a great time to paint too.

I have always wanted a bedroom in a rich warm color. Our furniture is off white with brass trim. Our new flooring is carpet squares from Home Depot.

My SIL used them and said they are wonderful for households with pets. They clean easy and if my bulimic cat ruins one, just replace the one tile! Sounds perfect! The squares I chose are a beige color with sand colored blocks. We have one window in our room so it does not get a lot of natural light.

Does anyone have any suggestions. Have you tried something you ended up hating, or loving? I am leaning towards a chocolate color. Any advice would be great, pics would help too! Thanks!!

We did a chair rail style in our bedroom. We used Martha Stewart's "Diploma" color on top (sort of a soft beige/cream) and did a faux finish on the bottom. The faux finish is a coppery color from the "Brilliant Metals" Earth Elements paint from Lowe's. I think Valspar is the company that made both paints. We have a white chair rail. It was very easy to install.

I don't have any pics at the moment, but if I remember I'll take some for you tomorrow.

Funny! That is what I thought I would always do given the chance. However now that I can I am not so sure......
hide.gif

I think our bedroom looks very romantic and country, but it's also my taste.

Do what makes you happy, but make sure that it's something where you can change your bedspread or curtains without having to repaint. Neutral colors will make it easier to redecorate in the future.

Quote:
That sounds beautiful. I never would have thought of using a copper color. I am going to look up the "Brilliant Metals". Thanks for the help and I would love to see a pic if you get time.

I did a carmel color. My floors are white and my bedding and curtains are carmel, burgandy and choc brown. I love it cause it warmed up the room and darkened it as well. We even did the ceiling~ Accents in copper

Back
Top Bottom