1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Tiniest button quail egg!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by jkcove08, Jun 16, 2008.

1. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    I know chickens have pullet eggs that are smaller then the normal eggs when they first start laying. I have noticed a few pullet eggs with my buttons too..... Today I think I found the tiniest pullet button egg ever!! In the pic is a normal button egg, the pullet egg and a cornel of corn from my scratch grains. That was the easiest egg ever layed..[​IMG] Jenn
    [​IMG]

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG] That's small!!!!

3. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Is that almost actual size?

4. jkcove08

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    THe egg to the right is normal sized, the pullet egg is about 1/3 normal size. I still cant believe how tiny it is. Jenn

5. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    That is really tiny! Are quail fun to have?

6. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    How would you incubate something that small? are you incubating it? are you hatching it is the better question. you could make a bantam quail! as if they weren't small enough already. [​IMG]

7. jkcove08

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    My sister wants me to put it in the bator but I am not sure yet what I am going to do. They really dont like being alone and the last thing I want to so is put a bunch more in the bator. I probably will just to see though...lol It would be pretty neat to have a tiny button. I will let you know what happens. Jenn

8. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Goodness the corn looks bigger than the pullet egg..lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by