tiniest egg!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by dweder, Feb 6, 2012.

1. dweder

dweder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Glen Ellyn, Illinois
    Someone, other than myself, must find this funny!!! This EE has only been laying for a couple of weeks. I got a second "bonus" egg from her today.

![​IMG]

2. Lady Chickadee

Lady Chickadee Rocky Top Silkies

Apr 1, 2011
    Central Kentucky
    Haha!She lays beautiful colored eggs though!

3. myhubbycallsmechickeemama

myhubbycallsmechickeemama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Arco, ID
    I just love looking at those little bitty "fart" eggs!!! About 2 months ago I had a little fart egg in my nest boxes right next to a HUGE egg that topped out my egg scale to I put it on my kitchen scale and it weighed 3.8oz. WOW!! I guess she was making up for the little ones lacking!!! :)

4. deserthotwings

deserthotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Queen Creek AZ
    [​IMG]I am just curious if anyone else consistantly gets these tiny eggs. I have a dozen bantam sebright hens that will soon be a year old. About a week ago one of them has started laying these tiny eggs. They are about the size of your thumb nail. The one photo shows a average Leghorn egg, a standard bantam egg and our "Tiny Egg"[​IMG]

5. RedIII

RedIII Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah
    Whoa, what a cute, weird little thing! Maybe she was throwing out the old 'leftovers'.

deserthotwings - my uncle has an OEG hen and he says her eggs are consistently the size of robin eggs. I would think that it's normal, but if she's been laying for a while already, then it does make me wonder if she has some kind of health thing going on. I'm no expert, so don't take my word for it.

6. Birdine

Birdine Out Of The Brooder

Dec 14, 2015
    Just give her some time. She'll probably lay bigger eggs in a little while. lol

7. chickens really

chickens really Chicken Obsessed

This is a very old thread.......Done....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by