tiny bantam girly... what breed is she? also i rescued a chick yesterday, what breed is she as well?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chem, Apr 1, 2012.

1. chem

chem Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2012
    Space Coast, Florida
    good morning everyone!

new chicken mommy here and i am loving this site! i have 6 chicks and love them so much. i ended up rescuing one last night so now i have 6. i started out with 5...

the first chick i would like to introduce is Baby (yes, her name is Baby). she is the smallest of my flock and 5 weeks old. she is a little bantam but i do not know the breed. this is by far my sweetest chick. she is an angel! i call her my little "show chicken" lol she loves to be held and petted. she also dances around the run/coop and she is the most beautiful chick ever! i thought maybe she was a welsummer bantam or offshoot like a silver duckwing bantam but not sure?
    here she is!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

she has such beautiful feathers coming in on her chest! kinda a peachy color. she is such a sweetheart and i almost decided to keep her in the house with me since she just loves to watch TV with me and chill. but she also loves her other sisters and i didnt want to separate them lol

this next pic is of the baby i rescued yesterday. i am pretty sure she is a female. she kinda resembles my barred but the pattern is slightly off. so i am not sure what breed she is. i just know she is mine now and i will NEVER let her go back to that places ever again. she needs to be safe and secure with my flock :D
    i still need to come up with a name for her....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and last but not least... my naughty bantam silver sebright! i really want to know if its a male or female. its name is JJ and it is the SCREAMER of the flock! whenever JJ looses sight of the barred rock (aka Queenie) it will go into a fit and scream bloody murder. whenever it cannot find another member of the flock it will scream. it screams whenever it wants basically until it gets what it wants. its a little bugger lol it has a very strong personality. always checking me out and talking to me when i am around. it will run up and peck the others here and there as well. i see a darkening comb on it but no spurs or anything else. so i am confused as to gender. i pray its not a roo... but i will love the little brat regardless lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and that is my little instigator/trouble maker JJ :D

i also have 2 rhode islands and 1 barred rock. i am still trying to come up with good names for the twin big reds but i did name my barred "queenie" since i think she is awesome :)

any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. thank you all and have a great day!!

2. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    The barred rock and sebright are both boys. The other is either a silver OEGB or a silver Phoenix pullet. Definitely a pullet b/c of her color. OEGB will have white or yellow legs and red earlobes, a Phoenix will have gray or willow legs and white earlobes. I don't know what the breed standard is for either of those, but that's what you get from hatcheries. ;)

3. chem

chem Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2012
    Space Coast, Florida
    oh man... roos lol
    that would explain JJ screaming up a storm whenever he doesnt get his way [​IMG]

i pray you are wrong mama24 but something in the back of my mind says you are right! i just dont want my neighbors throwing a hissy fit lol he already has a set of lungs on him that will pierce your ears lol

thank you! :)

4. Snozzle

Snozzle Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2011
    Tri-Cities Tennessee
    Looks like my little OEGB hen just a bit lighter colored.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by