Tiny crested chick gets territorial. Will they become friends?

Shell from Zim

Songster
Dec 11, 2020
Hi All,

What do you make of this little ones antics? How do I stop this little chick from chasing the newcomer around the lil brooder, and biting his toes? Will it just stop on its own and accept a new bud? What do you think?

I would keep distracting them. Make sure they are warm enough and both eating enough. When i have one who does this it often just needs distracted a few times to give up.
Thanks for your recommendation. I have done a fair bit of distracting.. which only keeps their attention for as long as I'm right there distracting them, which I can't be all the time, unfortunately. It has calmed down a fair bit, thankfully.. and luckily he isn't chasing the other one constantly.. but they are def not big buddies. I'm hopeful for a breakthough. Toes are intact and uninjured.. but it can't be a fun time to be on the receiving end.. shame man!

Thanks for your recommendation. I have done a fair bit of distracting.. which only keeps their attention for as long as I'm right there distracting them, which I can't be all the time, unfortunately. It has calmed down a fair bit, thankfully.. and luckily he isn't chasing the other one constantly.. but they are def not big buddies. I'm hopeful for a breakthough. Toes are intact and uninjured.. but it can't be a fun time to be on the receiving end.. shame man!
They are young, so chances of it lasting long are slim.

Mine did this recently, and it really bothered me! Hard to watch chicks pecking each others eyes! But... they grew a tad and discovered they could see other stuff in the world.. no more eye poking!

I did add some colorful small toys, a Christmas ribbon, a stuffed animal, some blocks. That helped too.

Back
Top Bottom