Tiny portable coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by duckncover, Mar 3, 2014.

1. duckncover

duckncover Duck Obsessed

Jan 17, 2009
    North Eastern PA
    I'm looking to build something simple for my indoor chicken so she can get some sunlight, forge a little, and have some shelter. I really don't want to buy a coop online because they are expensive and very cheaply made. This coop needs to be small and barely noticeable. I don't want my neighbors to complain about it. I was thinking an a-frame coop would be nice but I don't really don't think I can cut at an angle like that. I just want something that's big enough for her to exercise but small enough that my mom will let me put it out there. It doesn't need to be predator proof as I won't have her in there overnight. I just want something cheap and easy to make. Anyone have any ideas?

2. boskelli1571

boskelli1571 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 7, 2011
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Hello there, You really don't need to cut angles. Join 2 pieces of wood at a right angle and turn on it's side - there you have 2 sides of a triangle. Cover with chicken wire, making sure the wire extends over the edges by 3-4 inches and you can peg it into the ground. It's a quick, simple arrangement for a run. If you want to have a small covered area for shade, simple put a tarp or similar over one end.
    Good luck, [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by