Tiny Serama Rooster who LOVES humans!

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by ChknObsessedANG, Aug 5, 2013.

1. ChknObsessedANG

ChknObsessedANG Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2012
    Moorestown, NJ
    This little guy is 4 weeks old and he is only interested in being part of a human flock! He follows me EVERYWHERE and stands on my shoes if I stop! Hahah! He is just TOO CUTE! He will be perfect for someone looking for a pet, indoor bird!! (Though he does love to be outside as well!)
    Let me know if interested!!!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  2. chick lovers

chick lovers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    With my chickens.
    How big will he get?

3. ChknObsessedANG

Jul 13, 2012
    Moorestown, NJ
    He will get up to 1pound or so. Seramas are the smallest breed of chicken. They stay very small!!

4. spikennipper

spikennipper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Kent, UK.
    Aww he's adorable I wish I lived in the US I'd snap him up! I'm not allowed roos here but how loud is a serama roo? out of interest why can't you keep him? I tried twice to hatch shipped serama eggs when I first got into chicken keeping but each time they failed to hatch, I was a newbie at incubating plus I have heard they don't ship or incubate easily so I gave up [​IMG]

5. ChknObsessedANG

Jul 13, 2012
    Moorestown, NJ
    He is adorable! Unfortunately, he doesn't have a "place" in our flock...he gets picked on by all of the bigger birds. [​IMG] He wants to follow me around and be held all day and I can't do that, unfortunately! My husband is adamant about not having any chickens in the house, or I would bring him to be my little house pet! LOL
    Some Serama roosters are louder crowers than others. But, in my experience, of the 20 roosters I have had....none are as loud as any Large Fowl breeds!! I have one little guy that barely makes a noise when he crows!!

6. allsummedup

allsummedup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2013
    Sierra Vista, Arizona
    Any chance you wanna ship him to fairbanks Alaska :)

7. SilkiesForEver

SilkiesForEver Overrun With Chickens

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    How much is shipping?

8. juli214

juli214 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2013
    how much is shipping

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by