Tinyhen and mystery son, breed guessing

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by FeyRaine, Nov 24, 2012.

1. FeyRaine

FeyRaine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2012
    TN
    Bought Tinyhen and her clutch of dayolds locally b/c I wanted a broody hen.

The seller had all his birds running loose, said he thought she is "half that french one", ...sure...;>

One of her clutch was a giant, and to her slidelong dismayed looks was bigger then her by week 4!

I got 2 other birds both pullets at the same time, one a poss. RIR (mix) "Big Red" and
    one which I called "Ugly" who turned out to be an EE laying mint green eggs.

So any guess on breed for Tinyhen or her Son?
    Esp. do we think her son might be an EE??

Tinyhen on left (on right is Lady Black, and OEG ish mixed hen who is nearly 2x the size of Tinyhen)

[​IMG]

Son of Tinyhen in front (Sizzle in background)

[​IMG]

The EE from this mixed flock is the dark bird in back of photo "Ugly"
    so its poss.though unlikely Son of Tinyhen could even be full sibling to Ugly

[​IMG]

Breed guessing on Tinyhen??
    Breed guessing on Son of Tinyhen, esp. does he look at all EE to anyone?

Thanks
    FeyRaine

2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    looks like ee's

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I could see some ee influence in the hen, and maybe in the roo.
    Does Ugly have leg mites?

4. FeyRaine

FeyRaine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2012
    TN
    You know I wondered about Ugly poss. having leg mites today when I was taking the photo. It was sunset so I'm going to have to wait to till am to check and treat, but it would be really odd as she would be the only hen in the coop to have them. I called her Ugly b/c she always looked way way different than any chicken I'd ever seen when I go her and her legs have always looked a little odd to me, I think they have that weird Ameraucana coloring. I have not seen her or any of the other girls scratching, picking or acting itchy. But she may also have gotten into mites free ranging away from the other girls (she tends to be a loner) so I'm on that at sunup. Ah, or from the new straw I just put in when the weather turned wintery recently , which means I need to check the entire farm now, sigh...

Thanks for looking :)
    FeyRaine

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by