Tips for IDing

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by FlyingtheCoop, Aug 25, 2010.

1. FlyingtheCoop

FlyingtheCoop Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2010
    I have two, two week old chicks. They are supposed to be pullets, one is supposed to be an Ameraucana and the other is supposed to be a Barred Rock. I have been lurking for awhile and have read several disappointed posts from people that believed they had Ameraucanas only to be told they have EEs. Anything I can be watching for

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  2. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    [​IMG] Where did you get the birds from. If they came from a private amer. breeder then you may have one otherwise if they came from the feed store, hatchery, ect then they are probably EE. do you have any pics ?

3. FlyingtheCoop

Aug 25, 2010
    [​IMG]

They wouldn't smile nicely for the camera, haha.

4. FlyingtheCoop

Aug 25, 2010
    Wow, sorry, I've never posted a picture before, it's a little big. Also, I got them from a private farm so I'm not sure.

5. FlyingtheCoop

Aug 25, 2010
    BUMP! Any extra tips??[​IMG]

6. wanttobefarmer

wanttobefarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    They yellow that is turning white with the green leggs looks like my eater egger. She was yellow and turned white with reddish markings around her neck. The other could be cuckoo maran or barred rock. cuckoo maran has white legs or marybe a cross or another EE. sorry i'm not more help.

7. FlyingtheCoop

Aug 25, 2010
    Hmm, maybe my camera isn't picking up colors properly. "Her" legs aren't green in person, they are greyish blue down the front and an almost sky blue on the backsides. The black one was supposed to be a Barred Rock, so that sounds about right [​IMG].

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by