Tips for making those small yellow incubators work.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bahamas, May 27, 2010.

1. bahamas

bahamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    I duno what is that people say make these bator not work . i bought one and i had it sent to my uncles and hes supposed to be sending me it. He lives in omaha and its taking for ever. he hasn't got to it yet but here are sum tips. I dont think there is a reservoir for water in ther but i recommend misting eggs every so often for humidity . If temps are to low you can put a towel over it . since it realizes a lot of humidity when you open it try candling evry 10 days . You can so easy turn the eggs by picking it up and just tilting it and they will roll a little .

These are a few ways you can work you little yellow incubator. ( its a small unit only holds three. More for kids than us breeders her e but if you have one use these techniques . _)

ps after i have one hatch oput of it. I'm taking it apart for spare parts for my new incubator models ( hope it has a thermostat )

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Good to know. [​IMG]

3. bahamas

Jan 16, 2010
    yup. kooshie do you own one or are you just commenting ?[​IMG]

4. Princess Amri

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Quote:Just commenting. [​IMG] My 'bator is fairly big and fancy. It's good to know that the cheap ones can work, too.

5. bahamas

Jan 16, 2010
    hehehe:) .Big + Fancy what we talkin .. like let me guess sprotsman ? Gqf ? Top hatch ??

6. Princess Amri

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Quote:Turn-X. TX-7 model. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by