1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Tips on Introducing new ducks to the flock??

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by duckychick, Jun 4, 2015.

1. duckychick

duckychick Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2015
    So I have two ducks currently that are about 10 weeks old. Just got 5 newbies that are a few weeks younger. I kept my bigger ducks in their coop and let the little ones run around and let them see and hear each other. When I took over a new one to my runner it started breathing heavy and puffing sticking out it's chest...now I'm scared to let then out together. I don't want them to kill one of the littler ones. Tips?

2. duckychick

duckychick Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2015
    I don't have a separate place for them unless I keep the older ones locked up which I don't want to because it's a small space.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  3. elly21

elly21 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2015
    Massachussettes
    No one ever responded? How did you make out? I have 3 adult Ancona's. 2 females, 1 drake. We also have 3 week old ducklings, 2 runners and 2 white layers. Because it is getting cold out the ducklings won't be outside until they are fully feathered. When it's nice out I bring the ducklings into the yard and they can see and hear each other but no contact.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by