1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. Animal-lover101

Animal-lover101 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2015
    One of my chicks is really tired and lethargic she/he is just laying around and closing her eyes. She/he fells really lifeless when you pick her up. I think it may be coccidiosis but I'm not sure please help!!!

2. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    I am not a expert on diseases but separate the chick until you know what is wrong, you dont want the rest of them to catch whatever it is!

3. Animal-lover101

Sep 30, 2015
    Yeah that's probably a good idea

4. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    How old is the chick? Do you have any vitamins with electrolytes, Pedialyte, Or Gatorade that you can feed her? Is she hunched or puffed up, or having diarrhea or blood in the poop? Can you get some Corid (amprollium, Ampromed) from your feed store today? Coccidiosis can be very common in chickens 3-20 weeks old. If she is younger than that she could be dehydrated. Here is a good link tor read about cocci:
    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/coccidiosis-what-backyard-chicken.html

5. Animal-lover101

Sep 30, 2015
    She/he is 3 weeks old today and seems to be a little bit hunched up and fluffy around the chest

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by