tired (picked on) chicken

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by getreal, Mar 23, 2015.

1. getreal

getreal Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2014
    u.p. MI
    I have a yr old leghorn hen, who has been picked on by for the last month. we have put in a cage and got her healed up although she is still bald on her head. This one chicken seems to have it in for her. she won't fight back, she just cowers in a corner. She is eating and drinking and lays an egg every day. The problem is she sits on the roosts by herself most of the time. When I pick her up she immediately lowers her head on my arm and falls asleep, I can hear her breathe (I call it sleep breathing) and her head just kind of tilts slightly like she's really sleeping. I have dusted her and the others for mites. Is there something I can do to boost her energy? I am far away from the nearest tractor supply, so can I feed her something or use people vitamins? Should I separate her for awhile again? Please help,,,she's now my baby.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    You may try isolating the bully from the flock for a week or so. Upon reintroduction she may find others willing to take her down a peg or two. You may also want to do an on site search on Pin Less Peepers.

1 person likes this.
  3. JackE

JackE Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    North Eastern Md.
    X2, separate the bully.

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    x3

5. getreal