1. tjduranfarms

tjduranfarms Just Hatched

Dec 29, 2016
    Norco, Ca
    Hi everyone,
    Sammy my 5 month old pure black orpington roo,started wheezing last night with a cough or sneeze. He is the only one exhibiting it. Today I brought him in the house keeping him covered in a large tub for warmth. Also gave him some probiotic water. His stool is watery though and I have seen No discharge or anything out of the ordinary. What else can I do? Since I've brought him in, he's much more quiet with just a wheeze. Suggestions please

2. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    It seems he is experience a small respiratory infection.

Tylan 50 should reduce sneezing and if not cure.Tylan 50 can be found online or at Pet stores.

Good luck[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  3. NicoleGreen

NicoleGreen Just Hatched

Jan 1, 2017
    If you do a google search on wheezing chicken there is a post for natural rx. If I was good at copying and pasting I would have added the link. You could try some of those for further assessment. Most of the ingredients you may have in the kitchen? I will work on sending the link.

4. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    Are you on a computer or a mobile device?

5. tjduranfarms

Dec 29, 2016
    Norco, Ca
    Well I have my orp in house covered with a bowl of probiotic, a dish of basil with cinnamon and a dash of garlic on his food. I covered all the bases now I wait. And pray.

6. tjduranfarms

Dec 29, 2016
    Norco, Ca
    Yes I'm on a Mobil device.

7. tjduranfarms

Dec 29, 2016
    Norco, Ca
    Cell phone

8. NicoleGreen

NicoleGreen Just Hatched

Jan 1, 2017
    Mobil device as well, cell phone. I just know things happen with my chickens usually when a vets office isn't open, so I figured until you could get him in it was worth a shot. I google everything. I am new to chickens as of February this year and am attempting organic, so I tend to try alteratives first. I copied and pasted the link but I am new to posting on this site so they had to clear the outside source. I hope it works and he gets better. I am having rooster problems myself. Mine decided to fight. So I reached out myself for the first time.

9. tjduranfarms

Dec 29, 2016
    Norco, Ca
    Thank you Nicole and master. For your very good info. I put my orp in a lg.dog crate with food and probiotic back in the main coop. His wheezing isn't bad if he is resting, if he starts running around he starts to wheeze, with labored breathing. So I'm keeping him quiet for the time being. Should I be worried? Too late, I'm worried.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by