TLC (The Lake Chickens) Eggs

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by JDE99156, Jun 21, 2017.

1. JDE99156

JDE99156 In the Brooder

Aug 4, 2016
    Newport, Washington
    I am new to chickens got my first chicks (2 Buff Orpington, 2 Ameracauna 2 Silkies and 1 Easter Egger spring of 2016. I was quickly hooked and now I have added 5 more (2 Australorp, 2 Buff Brahma and 1 Golden Lace Wyandotte) and one very sassy duck. I found BackYardChickens.com when I was googling what to do about a chick that I feared was sick. Living in the Eastern Washington I get to experience all the extremes weather has to offer. This was my first winter with my chickens and we had a long cold winter. I used BackYardChicken.com so many times looking up what to do to keep my girls comfortable. BackyardChickens.com came handy again when my Buffs combs got frost bite as petroleum jelly was not working...one of the members recommended recommend Green Goo and I love it.
    I have other hobbies that keep me outside, dirty and smelling like corral #9...such as my four horses. I guess I have one clean hobby. I love my Koi and Gold fish. I almost forgot to mention the entertainment team of Frick and Frack my two Nigerian Dwarf wethers.
    I work only to pay for my hobbies so my career is just a means to an end. My little menagerie keeps me grounded, balanced and loving life.
    I hope to learn lots from all of you.

2. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Egg Pusher

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    You got yourself a regular ole backyard zoo!
    Congrats!
    Welcome to BYC!

3. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. Please make yourself at home here with us

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sounds like you have figured out what makes you happy, and are doing it very well. :thumbsup

5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Bird is the word

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

So glad we were of help to you in the past, we sure are full of the knowledge!

Make yourself at home here and we hope you enjoy the site! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: