TN Chickens

broyleshd

Hatching
Feb 27, 2017
Hello! I'm a new member of Backyard Chickens, I am married mother of 3 who is an RN. My son has raised red sex links from 4-H and we have 3 blue Cochin hens and 2 ameracauna roosters. We are currently incubating some eggs from these guys.
Will be expanding and adventuring into emus this spring, should be an educational experience. We are very excited!

Welcome to BYC - so glad you've joined us.
Emus - what an exciting new adventure. I've never owned them, but have been around them as I had a former employer that raised them - they were fascinating! Best of luck in the new chapter!

G’Day from down under broyleshd
frow.gif
Welcome!

Good luck with the hatch!

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Hello and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us and the best of luck with your Emu project.

CT

Yes, do check out the Emu threads, the folks there should be able to answer all your questions. Many of the chicken folks used to have them but, seems like that has diminished after the novelty wore off. They require a lot of room and fencing. and it is the male that sits on the nest, (I 'd love to see the role reversal) if hatching eggs. 55 days to hatch (in an incubator)

Back
Top Bottom