TN- FREE kittens

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickNjake, Jan 10, 2009.

1. chickNjake

chickNjake Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2008
    east tn
    THESE ARE TO GOOD HOMES ONLY!
    I have 3, 4-month-old kittens.
    -a solid black male
    -a solid black female
    -a black & white male
    These are very tame and love people. They have been living outside and in our garage where they use the litter box, so they can live indoors or outdoors.
    Their Grandma was a full Manx (no tail, long back legs, can hold their own with a dog!) and their mother has a stub-tail (I think 2 copies of the gene). from what I've seen, a no-tail cat has 1/4 no tail kittens. which would, according to my VERY limited knowledge of genetics, mean these kittens (they have tails) would have a 2/3 chance of carrying that gene. don't inbreed them, though! but bred to a no-tailed cat 1/2 wouldn't have tails. confused yet? [​IMG]

We also have 2 free wild barn cats!
    a gray tabby and a solid gray one

we are located near Morristown, east Tennesse. PM me if interested!

ETA-
    click to enlarge
    b&w male [​IMG]
    solid black kitten with mom (you can almost see the stub tail!) [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Very pretty kittens! You should have no trouble at all! Oh, I wish I lived closer!!!!

3. chickNjake

Sep 3, 2008
    east tn
    Thank you! I hate to get rid of them!
    but it looks like the mom's gettin 'big' again [​IMG]
    I don't want to get her fixed while she's nursing, and then she gets pregnant again.... oh well, I guess more kittens for me! [​IMG]

4. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    Why don't you just spay and neuter them and keep them all! Obviously they "get BIG" again because they will just keep breeding. The young kitten femles are probably bred too [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  5. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Good morning,
    Is there a way to keep her indoors when weaning gets close to finishing so she cannot get "big" again and can finally get spayed? Aside from the extreme shortage of homes for all the cats and dogs already out there (and in this econoimy it's even worse as people are giving up pets right and left and they are being exterminated in shelters all over this country), multiple pregnancies in cats often lead to deadly reproductive cancers.
    JJ

6. Ellie_NY_chick

Ellie_NY_chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Thanks JJ, for saying that nicely.

I was really biting my lip on this one. ChickNjake, no offense to you but over 5 million animals were euthanized last year because of the situation you just described. Please go get this cat spayed. Kudos to you for finding them all good homes, but take her to the vet whether she looks big or not.

chickenchick, many kittens are waiting for you to save them at the pound!

I will post a picture of the little monster we rescued to get you inspired.

[​IMG]

7. chickNjake

Sep 3, 2008
    east tn
    I am truly sorry to offend anyone and, yes, I know I need to get her fixed, but That is up to my parents and I try to convince them and I WILL get her fixed this time and I mean that [​IMG] these are still available though and again I am sorry. [​IMG]

8. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    Mom can be safely spayed when the kittens are about 6-8 weeks old -- the babies should be completely weaned during that time anyway and mom will be spending more time away from the demanding little beasts than she spends with them. The kittens can be spayed/neutered after they weigh 3 lbs, I think.

Ellie -- your baby is TOO cute! I can't wait till I can start adding to my crazy cat lady collection (only 2 now [​IMG] ).

Florida_chick -- the female kitten is only 4 months old, she won't be able to get pregnant for another couple of months...............

BUT, chickNjake, this is a great time to get her spayed. Many shelters, and even vets, have programs to help people who can't afford the full cost to spay or neuter. [​IMG]

9. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    I wish I lived closer

10. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    Edited to say I am sorry ChickenJake
    I didn't realize you are a child. If the cost is an issue many shelters have free spay/neuter programs.
    Quote:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by