TN is a loooong state...

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by 4Hchickenproject, Jun 6, 2011.

1. 4Hchickenproject

4Hchickenproject Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    I saw East TN and Mid TN. Are there enough BYCers on here to have a west TN thread?

2. radfarm

radfarm Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2011
    Arrington
    Don't know, but middle Tennessee forum is very active. Hope that helps if not start a west Tenn forum.

3. jc12551

jc12551 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    S.W. TN
    I'm in West TN-Hardin County. Where are you? I read (but never post in) the Middle TN thread.

4. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Yeah, West TN needs to have something going on! Gas is too expensive to drive all over
    I breed large fowl, including Barred Plymouth Rocks, Rhode Island Reds, Buff Orpingtons, Buckeyes, Black Australorps, and Polish. I have a few silkies for variety . And other breeds not laying yet. Anyone have an Ameraucauna rooster for sale?

5. Hot2Pot

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Does anyone know about permits for raising quail in TN? I figure if I ask enough people, somebody will know.

6. 4Hchickenproject

4Hchickenproject Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Oops [​IMG] ... I posted, didn't "subscribe" to the post, and forgot I posted. Sometimes it seems I just have too much going on.

I'm in Carroll County, not too far from Hardin County, just a hop skip and jump north of the interstate.

About the quail... I know someone who raises them, I'll try to get info from him.

7. Theda's Mom

Theda's Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Moscow TN
    I'm west Tennessee too - and not all that far from you Hot2Pot. Maybe one of these days I'll wander up your way to check out your chicks!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  8. Hot2Pot

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Call me, and come on over! Sending you a pm. Deb

9. mckenziecn

mckenziecn New Egg

Jul 7, 2011
    Well, thanks to Deb, I'm here too! Maybe we should have our own West Tn little club hangouts? Considering I am only 24 hours into this (with the exception of adult birds when I was a kid) I don't have anything to swap except maybe some yummy bread or preserves.

PS, Deb....I feel an addiction brewing already. That little lavender is the most curious little bugger!

10. Hot2Pot

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    [​IMG]I already got my neighbor hooked, you might as well join the party!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by