To all Sevice Men and Women, THANKS

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by nccountrygirl, Jan 1, 2008.

1. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    It's so easy to forget sometimes how vital our troops are to us . Yes , I know they volunteered for it , that's the point . Thank you to EVERYONE who has ever served to better our country and the world . Isn't it funny how other countries bad mouth us at times and then cry out for our help at other times ?[​IMG] Thank you again !

2. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:Couldn't have said it better.

Love and good thoughts to any service people, veterans, and families.

THANK YOU FOR GIVING MY FAMILY A WONDERFUL 2007!!! WE ALL OWE YOU
    EVERYTHING!!!

3. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Not easy to forget it here in Fayetteville, in fact my son's girlfriend has a childhood friend that is married to a soldier in Iraq. This friend had a birthday this week and locked herself in her apartment and cried all day because she misses her husband so much. He won't be home until March...and that is being optimistic about his survival chances. My daughter is 20 and 3 of her very good schoolmates are in Iraq. We worry and appreciate and hate this war every day in our military town. Darlene

4. nccatnip

nccatnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    I agree and thank you for this post.
    I was recently in line at the grocery store when the woman behind me has her cell phone ring. It was her son telling her that he was being shipped to Iraq. From her conversation I could tell he was young and a little scared and she was amazing talking to him. I wanted to say something to her but did not want to intrude on what has to have been a most difficult call she could ever receive at the holidays. My heart just broke for her and I just cried when I got in my car. It truly made me appreciate the sacrifies we get from not only our soldiers but their families as well.

5. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Amen and God Bless!!

6. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Laura........that brought me to tears .......so many stop Kenny whenever we are at the airport.........it means so much to him AND me [​IMG]........thank you to all of the soldiers and their families......... It was so hard to let him go again this morning....... thanks for posting that

[​IMG]

7. ChuckenGirl

ChuckenGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2007
    Maryland :)
    my cousins going over in feb. hopefully the war will be over then. but i truely miss him now. he's in trianing now

8. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

It's so easy to forget sometimes how vital our troops are to us . Yes , I know they volunteered for it , that's the point . Thank you to EVERYONE who has ever served to better our country and the world .

I could not agree more.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! For your sacrifices.

Tonya​

9. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    I was gonna post that!

oh well. It got posted. Tis all that matters.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by