to all sheep owners! what kinda lambs are these???

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ShortCircuitRanch2332, Jun 6, 2011.

1. ShortCircuitRanch2332

ShortCircuitRanch2332 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Oak Hills
    i got 2 lambs today but I dont know what they are and the guy didn't speak English good AT ALL I seen the adults and the male had large curly horns and long hair and the females were white and wooly im sure they are prolly a mix breed or a mutt or something but idc lol so any ideas???
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Sorry I cant help with breeds as I know nothing about sheep but I just wanted to say...They are so CUTE! [​IMG]

3. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
    They are probably mixed with Katahdin or Dorper

They don't appear to be a wool breed

4. ShortCircuitRanch2332

Mar 12, 2011
    Oak Hills
    well I will say that the white one (pixie) her hair is and an inch to an inch and a half long she is by no means a short hair haha when I got her it was a ***** to get her clean and brushed out
    and the little black one (sugarplum) she has some thick wooly hair its not EXCESSIVELY long maybe and inch as well but I know they are not full short hair maybe a mix with a wool breed? or something? haha

pixie has 2 brown spots on her left side and shes got brown on her legs

and sugarplum is black as you can see lol and shes got a white spot on her head and white banding on her legs

anyone else have any ideas?

5. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
  6. lasergrl

lasergrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Middlefield Ohio
    The white one doese seem to be a hair lamb, the black got her mothers wool.

Dad as probably not dorper or katahdin if he had large horns. If he had long straight hair, he is probably one of the corsican breeds (they are breeds based on color but really all the same breed) look up, painted desert, black hawiian, american blackbelly, texas dall and see if any of those look like it. Aslo another breed that comes to mind by the description is icelandic. The mom probably just a mutt.

7. 2DogsFarm

2DogsFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Well, obviously from your pics they are..............

LIVING ROOM SHEEP [​IMG]

8. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. ShortCircuitRanch2332

Mar 12, 2011
    Oak Hills
    Quote:Ok thanks I will look into those asap
    Now idk if that was for sure the dad beings they are both from the same place and the white one is the only one that looks like she belongs to one of the females lol but the dad was white with semi long hair as it looked like he was shedding or the other sheep were Eating his wool [​IMG] and yes he had large horns but huge as he looks like a younger male

But thank you for the suggestions and I will look into it
    Also I'd like to make it clear these are HOUSE! sheep lmao as they are to small in my gfs opinion to go out yet so they are wearin pampers and sleep on my floor haha I think I've reached a new level of loosin it haha

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by