To anyone who had a hard time finding DE(food grade)

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Ericasl, May 6, 2008.

1. Ericasl

Ericasl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    The Dalles OR
    This is to everyone here who has a hard time finding food grade diatomaceous earth (DE). I could not find it anywhere close to my home and had to pay an arm and a leg to get 2.5 lbs. Spatcher one of our BYC buddies is selling it and shipping it right to your house. I got mine today mailed right to my house it was great. I got 8 lbs it was right around $20.00 that was including shipping, I may be off a buck or two. So if you are having a hard time like I did and do not want to pay a ton you need to get in touch with Spatcher. I would like to put his first post on this post but I do not know how to do that. Maybe someone else can do it. It was just very nice to get it in the mail. Thanks Spatcher!![​IMG]

2. spatcher

spatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Virginia - Southside
    You are welcome Erica and thanks for the kind words. If anyone else is interested please PM me.

3. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    I got mine from spatcher last week. Only took 2 days and packaged great![​IMG]

4. JohnG

JohnG Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2008
  5. Ericasl

Ericasl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    The Dalles OR
    the shipping is awful i bought the 3 lbs from the same company,and payed like 12.00 in shipping, wonder what it is for 50lbs???Spatcher is the way for me.

6. dickiebird

dickiebird Out Of The Brooder

Dec 20, 2007
    Cedar Hill MO
    Quote:I just got a quote from them and 50# to the St Louis area would make the total cost w/shipping about $50.00.
    The thing I don't fine is if it is food grade.
    THANX RICH

7. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    I bought 50#'s from Custom Milling, with shipping it was 45.56. That was 23.95 + 21. 61 shipping. Yes it does seem expensive but I have 2 coops and 2 runs, and I use it in my chicken feed and cat and dog food to prevent worms. A 50# bag will last me the rest of the yr. so it's worth it to me to pay the shipping charges. I won't have to order again this yr.

8. spatcher

Apr 13, 2008
    Virginia - Southside
    The main reason I started selling Food Grade DE was because there were a lot of people that couldnt find it. If you think I am getting rich doing this, please do the math. Priority Mail for 3, 5 and 8 lbs is 8.95. I had originally planned on doing 10# but to do that I would have had to go to a bigger Priority Mail Box and the shipping on that was 12.95! Needless to say that would have to be passed on to the buyer and I didnt feel 2# more was worth the extra 4.00...I did send out a 10# order and ate the 4.00 myself because of my inability to think ahead lol. At any rate, there are a lot of people that do not have a lot of animals to give the DE to and that is why I sell it. If you can get a deal on 50# and can use that much, by all means do so. At any rate, if anyone is interested, I'll list my prices again:

1# 7.15
    3# 14.95
    5# 17.95
    8# 21.95

Remember all prices include Priority Mail with 2-3 day delivery. At least thats what USPS says!

I can do PayPal if you add 1.00 to each order. If via mail then please use USPS money order. All other payments held til cleared. If you have any questions regarding the PermaGuard Codex Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth (DE) I sell, dont hesitate to ask, thank you.

9. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    I'm sorry, I never meant to imply any thing. I hope you can sell it to alot of folks on here. I just need larger quantities than you sell. When I first started in chickens I would have loved to have been able to find some one selling smaller amount then Custom Milling. Good Luck with this.

10. spatcher

Apr 13, 2008
    Virginia - Southside
    Thanks and all I was trying to do was explain what I was doing. No offense meant and none taken!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by