To be or not to be

Chicken Girl 96

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 12, 2011
Hello everybody.
Well I went to auction today and went a little crazy. I bought 3 almost full grown guineas and 12 keets... what should I do to "make friends" with the full grown ones? And I also bought 12 almost adult quail, can I put my 12 keets with the quail?

let the adults see the keets, but keep them separate. guineas have been known to kill their young.

when the keets get large enough, then let them together.

Quote:
Thank you
smile.png

Depending on how old the baby keets are, it's recommended to house them side by side next to adults for 6 weeks (after the keets are 6 weeks old) so they can get to know each other but nobody gets picked on/beat up, and everybody learns where home is in the meantime. You may get away separating them for less time, but you want the young keets to be grown enough/smart enough to be able to get away from aggressive adults, should it turn out that way. You never know, they could all bond right away and you won't have to wait long at all... just play it by ear and watch for aggression from the adults.

Good luck, post pics if you can, we wanna see!!!

Thank you all... and the keets are 1 week old, I'm not sure how old the bigger adults are I don't think there full grown. I'll post pictures tonight of my new additions
smile.png

dont put the guineas with they quail. first off they require different things second off what type of quail are they. third of alll they arent even mature quail so they will get beat up for sure IMHO... just not a good combo. pen to pen is ok but same pen.. negative. good luck. hope you have enoug pens and what not if you need to separate them. if not you may have a bit of blood on your hands. gamebirds can be rough.

Quote:
Thanks in glad you told me that, now I've got my little keets under some heat lamps and there doin awesome, I'm tryin to get some pictures posted but not having much luck it seems like the sun keeps goin down before I get him
hmm.png

Oh and I forgot to say that my big full grown guineas are even laying eggs!
smile.png
... but there not sitting on them
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom