To: BYC Animal Lovers - FYI re: plastic bags

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by jjthink, Mar 29, 2009.

1. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080506/MULTIMEDIA02/80505016

Short
    . Compelling (the wildlife photos say it all). Thought it was worth circulating out and about. You may know school, church, club, business or other groups who might consider watching if they receive so that the reach goes beyond those already using reusable tote bags.....

I am amongst the guilty and now stand reminded to be more conscious - in the midst of racing around I sometimes forget my reusable bags and have used plastic - I reuse them again and again for other stuff but shouldn't be forgetting my reusable totes in the first place.......................... I keep some in the car all the time now..

JJ

2. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Which countries are dumping their trash in the ocean?

3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

We use the cloth bags. Much more convenient- we can fit more in a bag and don't have so many to lug around.

What do they do about the garbage bags?

4. cackle

cackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I have used cloth bags for at least 10 years. When I started using them you could not buy them in every store. However I do forget them from time to time. I try to remember after unloading groceries to take them right back out to the cars.

We went to IKEA on Friday and bought one of their bags. They are HUGE I mean really big. Would be great for a trip to Aldi.

5. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

Years ago when we first started using reusable totes, we got a lot of stares. I am glad to see that they are now catching on locally.
    We used to joke that Walmart employees must get paid by the number of bags they used. We could purchase 7 items and come out with 5 bags! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by