To diaper or not to diaper?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Miss Ducky, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Miss Ducky

Miss Ducky Chirping

Jun 29, 2010
    Michigan
    As my three babies get older I am going to want to take them places, like someone would with their dog. My "children" [​IMG] will be outdoors most of the time, though I might bring them inside occasionally if I have a diaper harness (To snuggle with, sleep with, maybe I'll convince my parents to let them be indoor ducks during the winter...) . The main thing is that I'm going to want to take them on walks, and maybe to an outdoor concert every so often(It's a local free thing, and people bring dogs, and have picnics and stuff; really casual). In a few weeks I'm going to order them either a diaper harness or a walking harness. What do you guys think? Also; they are about a week old today, when should I measure them and order the harness? Thanks!
    -Miss Ducky, Peanut, Scuba, and a third and currently nameless cutie(taking suggestions!)[​IMG]

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    A diaper can work- I just have towels under mine if they are inside the house but not in a brooder box. As far as taking them to outdoor concerts- you may want to consider the noise leand how it may effect them- and also only take one at a time- so that if a dog decided a duck was too much temptation you could safely protect your one duck- without having to try to protect all three at the same time and having an utter disaster.

3. Miss Ducky

Miss Ducky Chirping

Jun 29, 2010
    Michigan
    I was defiantly not planning on taking all three! The concerts aren't too loud, and if he starts acting scared, and can take him to the end of the park, so we should be fine. Thanks!

4. mrslb333

mrslb333 Songster

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Someone on here does diapers and leads i think its indoorducks.com theres also avianfashions.com which advise you how and when to measure them. I agree about being wary of dogs though I know someone who carries hers in one of those doggy handbags then lets it walk where its less busy. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by