To early to ship eggs??

Discussion in 'Quail' started by davedavey, Feb 15, 2014.

1. davedavey

davedavey Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2013
    washington state
    Just wondering if it's to cold to have eggs shipped in the mail?? I live in Washington and want to order some eggs from james marie farms, and also from Georgia quail farms.

2. alaskanchickens

alaskanchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2014
    South central Alaska
    I live in Alaska and received 26 chicken eggs yesterday in the mail. I opted for the heat pack which was still warm when they arrived. It was -14 here yesterday so I think you'll be ok!

3. davedavey

Sep 13, 2013
    washington state
    Thanks!

4. islandbirdlover

islandbirdlover New Egg

May 11, 2015
    Hi I'm new to this this site actually I have never posted on a forum before but I am planning on getting some quail and looking for some advice. I see that no one has posted on this in awhile but I am wondering how your hatches turned out? I'm from northwest washington and I'm not sure where to order from, if you can tell me some reputable breeders or point me in the direction of another thread that this conversation has already happened in I would be very greatful.

5. davedavey

Sep 13, 2013
    washington state
    Ordered some from Edwards poultry from ebay 80% plus hatch. They just hatched this weekend. Very big eggs and great hatch rate can't beat that. Also ordered some from vailsquail.com good hatch rate. They are from the eastern u.s. But eggs arrived in good shape. The eggs from James Marie are also very big some people have issues in there turners. But I have a homemade bator with chukar trays and they work great on them. Ordered the trays from Fleming outdoors.

6. islandbirdlover

islandbirdlover New Egg

May 11, 2015
    Thank ypu so much for the fast reply and good infomation!!! I can't wait to get started :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by