1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

To exited! Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chicken Charlotte, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Chicken Charlotte

Chicken Charlotte Out of the Brooder

Jun 7, 2010
    QLD
    Hello guys,

This is just a early notice I will be making a new post when it is all happening! I am hatching more chicks! My hen is not broody YET, but we might buy some if she is not broody by this Christmas because she is just acting a bit like, I want chicks! She has hatched before so I am hoping she will do a great job like always!
    So I need your help! What breed do you think I should hatch or (buy)?? I am getting 2 ducks to! I want some ducks that will lay and stick around the house (pets)

So any ideas and I will keep you updated on what I get and when they hatch and I buy some!!!!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. skillswife

skillswife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    Well my personal favorites are cochins, i love the furry legs! I have both standard and bantam cochins. I also love the Millie Fleur D'Uccle, Millie is our favorite and is currently our broody on eggs, not her eggs though because she was broody before we had a rooster unfortunately. As for ducks I have pekins and rouens and they so far are staying right around and love us. My mil did have a Rouen male that flew the coop though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Chicken Charlotte

Jun 7, 2010
    QLD
    Quote:Thankyou for the info they are all so CUTE!

4. Theeggboxtoo

Theeggboxtoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2010
    Alabama
    Have you seen Welsh Harlequin ducks? They are very pretty and lay lots of eggs, they don't fly either [​IMG]

Here is a link to a thread about them [​IMG]

Welsh Harlequin Thread

5. orpingtonbabies

orpingtonbabies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    Hmm... I have EEs, hatchery Silkies, and BOs. the Easter Eggers are just so mean! I've heard of some people having very nice ones, but I think it's too much of a chance with mutts and I am just waiting for them to redeem themselves with pretty eggs. So anyways, my obsession right now are Cochins! Other than that my list consists of Polish, Different colored Orps, better silkies (getting rid of the 2 silkie roos soon and possibly the evil dominant EE hen), and Wyandottes.
    Ducks look like so much fun, but I think I'm waiting until next summer when we might have a pond. So, I really don't know much about them.
    Good Luck!

6. Chicken Charlotte

Jun 7, 2010
    QLD
    Thanks guys I am having a look at some sales now!

7. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    Silkies

8. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    I'm partial to Barred-rocks. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by