To funny to not share

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by gumpsgirl, Sep 14, 2009.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    My husband and I were talking this morning before he left for work about our schedules this week. He brought up that he is supposed to go help with a roofing service project for church (they are counting on him to head it up), the same day he's supposed to help with a fundraiser at the fire dept. We were trying to figure out how it would work for him to do both and after a long sigh, he said that he's so glad that his hands can be instruments in doing the Lord's work. Without missing a beat, I grabbed hold to the opportunity and said, "Well the Lord wants you to build another chicken coop." [​IMG] He just looked at me and said, you've got to be kidding me, right? He had that look that goes well with this smiley - [​IMG] . lol! He sighed again and said, "Okay". I'm so glad I have such a good DH! [​IMG]

2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

[​IMG]

You've got a good guy!

3. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    What a great opportunity and what a great DH for going with the flow!

4. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Thanks! [​IMG]

It really was one of those things where you had to be there to hear the tones and see the expressions to fully appreciate just how funny the whole situation was. It truly was funny!

5. karl lutz

karl lutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    I wonder if He "the Lord " meant at my house. !!??? I could sure use one and ????

6. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

(I won't mention that this will be my 5th one. [​IMG] )

7. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Quote:Seriously???? 5 ????? Wow! I bet his eyes bugged out of head head too!

8. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Seriously???? 5 ????? Wow! I bet his eyes bugged out of head head too!

Oh yes! Seriously! [​IMG]

9. goobhen

goobhen Chicks Rule

Dec 6, 2008
    Indiana
    [​IMG]
    You ARE going to help him with all of these projects? Aren't you?? [​IMG] Theresa
    I can imagine his look, I asked my DH for a shed for two goats that I want.. I wonder if your DH's look was the same one I got? But I got a "NO" I just ignored it tho, we shall see!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  10. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Awwwww, see, he loves you, AND your girls! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by