To hard on kids....wife swap

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by suzyq53511, Aug 7, 2010.

1. suzyq53511

suzyq53511 Drowning in Chickens!

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    I just watch wife swap s6e10 and one of the families is way to hard on their kids....its horrible. They make their kids say yes mam and yes sir. i hate being called mam it makes me feel old LOL

the dad was like kids should always be doing something. he said if your not always busy you will go to jail as an adult! LOL i almost peed my pants laughing LOL

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  2. girlychick

girlychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:No way I watched that episode last night that guy was a weirdo!
    And then the other family was way to easy on there kids and they didn't respect there parents or anything they had! but the bald mans weird like "there extraordinary kids" O:[ <bald man
    ugh I wanted to punch him in the face

3. suzyq53511

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    Totally! LOL Those kids never get to have fun. They are going to be out of control as adults!!

4. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    the folks from grand blanc Mi live about 10 houses away from me [​IMG] that was last nights episode.

They were the happy go lucky fam...

But if my son or kids forget to say yes sir no ma'am then there'll be hell to pay. That's just common respect around this house.

5. suzyq53511

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    Quote:yes ma'm makes me feel old... lol maybe yes mom lol

6. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    I love Wife Swap! I thought last nights episode was a bit boring, did you guys see the one with the Etiquette teacher? "Don't be a Gloopy!"

7. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Haven't seen it, but as to Ma'am... I don't care for it either... educated a few folks...

"Do I LOOK like I run a bordello?"

"Uhhh no...?"

"Then don't bloody well call me a madam!"

This is Texas... so there's a lot of Ma'am going on... once you reach a certain point... before that it was Darlin'... so, that's a tell tell sign you're a fogey... when even the old guys call you ma'am.

But, sir and ma'am is a mandatory in Dad's house... always annoyed the crap out of my mom that I'd come home from visiting up there and my manners were better than when I left. [​IMG]

8. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Saying "sir" or "ma'am" is common courtesy around here and my children do say them to us and to all the adults in their lives. If they're not courteous to their elders, they are in big trouble!

I didn't watch the episode, so I can't comment on the rest of the show. My kids have regular chores to do every day, but they get plenty of leisure time, too.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  9. suzyq53511

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    Quote:Saying "sir" or "ma'am" is common courtesy around here and my children do say them to us and to all the adults in their lives. If they're not courteous to their elders, they are in big trouble!

I didn't watch the episode, so I can't comment on the rest of the show. My kids have regular chores to do every day, but they get plenty of leisure time, too.

these kids had NO fun time WHAT so ever!!! I guess i'm lax but not too lax!!! my kids don't walk all over me or anything...

10. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

We have reduced 'yes ma'am' to 'yes, um' Its sort of a lazy version. Yessum is how it rolls out.

They are just stuck with 'sir' lol

Many folks still believe in 'idle hands are the devils tools'. I am 40 and my parents and grandparents thoroughly believed in it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by