to heck with the gas bill I am freezing!!!!!!!!!!

AHappychick

Wanna-be Farmer
11 Years
Dec 16, 2008
westchester
I dont know how you all do it in colder climates and loosing power for days. I just cranked my heat up to 71 and I dont care about the concequences!!! I am so cold I just cant seem to get warm. I am in my long johns under my clothes and still freezing. Really where the heck is global warming????? Or spring???? My chooks seem to hate it too only got one egg this morning.
sad.png

Layers, lots of layers.... not the poultry kind either..lol.

Hot drinks help as well. I find if I can keep my toes toasty it helps a lot. I spend all winter wearing thermal hunting socks and slippers over that. I also keep a lap quilt on the sofa in case I get a chill. I don't take the cold as well as I use to.

I am ready for the arctic weather to be over though...

Best of luck !!!
big_smile.png

Honey I'm the same way... I can't afford our electric bill this month it was $257!!! I just HAVE to keep it at 72, and I'm still cold.

We replaced all the latches on the windows to help, and I had to shove a towel up the kitchen oven vent because air was coming in. I can't deal with another cold month!!!!! ARGH!!!!

I even bought a heated blanket at Kohl's the other day... shhhhh... hubby don't know about that one.
wink.png

It's pretty chilly out here too since it still gets to freezing at night! I'm jealous of the fish because they have a heater to keep them at 72 for the winter, while we humans have to do the 66 or lower thing...

yappy, I would take a bath but I hate to get wet LOL LOL really I do, I mean I shower and all but only because I have to. I have really long hair as well so getting it wet is the worst and I dont have a hair dryer because evertime I would try to use one I would get my hair sucked in and ripped out by the fan. If it was not for having a ds I would start to wonder if I was really a girl. I wish I could say my gas bill was under $200 my house is a modern contemporary with HUGE dead light windown (great for starting seeds though and gardening) and a beast at loosing heat even with all of the improvements I have made. This spring I am building an appleseed converter and then I am gonna keep my housr at 75 next year all winter long!!!

I think I am gonna go did out my snowboarding clothes and put them on as well.

I was actually excited when I got my electric bill this past month and it was only $245. The house we rented prior to moving in here....every December and January the bill was almost $500
ep.gif
So I was thrilled.

I am the freeze monkey in the house...the smallest one and I want it cold. (Thank menopause for that) If the heater hits 70 I am stripping off layers and ranting. I want it no warmer than 64 in this house. Everyone else can bundle up!

Back
Top Bottom