to heck with the gas bill I am freezing!!!!!!!!!!

Dont have a fireplace wish i did
electric bill was 340. this month and 439
last month . I am cold and have the heat on 71.
leg warmers and the heavy sox
LOL
still cold.

Quote:
Been there...done that....and was on a swim team in school. there are ways to avoid such headache. I do not know how long yours is but mine stopped 1 inch above my knees....When I finally got it cut (for charity), I had 35.75" cut off.

Braid it! I used two back braids and it works. It is easier to dry that way....no sucking into the dryer and such. It takes longer but your hair is not being ripped outta your head either.

Good luck with that... LOL

Last edited:
Quote:
So I am NOT the only one! Yay!
celebrate.gif

I keep the house at 63-64 F during the day, and day's like today, I build a fire. DH is agreeable and adaptable to whatever. I do wear flannel jammies at night- (but NEVER on flannel sheets). Summer, I am happy with ceiling fans only, up to 92- I draw the line there.

My bedroom at home is the coldest int he whole house it seems. Sometimes I have the hardest time getting warm! Especially after I've been sitting at the computer for a long time. I've really been thinking about buying a heating blanket. Those things are awesome! My grandparents have one and it does wonders!

I also suggest grabbing a nice warm kitty (dogs work too) and snuggling under the blanket with them. That ALWAYS helps to warm me up! Nothing like some kitty body heat to keep things warm!

Quote:
I work at the infernal machine all day- my way of staying warm is to get up and do a chore or two every hour or so- keeps the blood moving, plus stuff gets done. At night there's always one critter or another on the bed!

During the day its not too bad, but at night my parents turn down the heat so it can get VERY cold! My cat will actually snuggle under the blanket herself. If she can't get under the blanket, she paws at me unitl I lift it up for her! I'm darned if I can actually get a full night sleep with that animal! LOL But I love her anyways!

Quote:
I had a cat like that! I'd just grab her on the way to bed, shove her under the covers and she was fine after that. Pretty funny how they figure out the warmest spot- always!

Quote:
I know what you mean - my hair is just long enough to sit on and it's a pain when it's wet. I never use the hair dryer either, mostly because I'm impatient. I seem to create more tangles than I can handle that way!

Do you have a fireplace or a woodstove? Our heat is really inefficient - rarely gets above 60 unless we fire up the woodstove. My husband and I compete over who can raise the temps the fastest. I always win - I used to be a Girl Scout and I can build a FIRE.

Quote:
We have a Boston Terrier that insists on sleeping under the covers every night. He usually sleeps with our 7-year-old son.

We have blankets laying all over the house and I don't know how many times I've gone to sit on the couch and accidently sat on the dog under the blanket.
tongue.png

get some evaporative mist humidifiers and run them (not the kind that spit cold water and not warm mist ones - but evap ones) - it will raise the air temp and make it feel warmer in your home.

We run 4 in our house (2200 sqft - 2 levels) and our house is yearly a balmy 68 in winter or a cool 68 in summer (turn off humidifiers of course), doesnt matter, it stays 68 in this house. By running the humidifiers we raise the temp in the house on average about 4 degrees or therebouts and it doesnt cost that much to run them. MUCH less than turning up the heat.

Neighbors come over and ask us what our heats set at as its so very warm in the house, that their house is always freezing at 72-75 (and my mouth hits the floor - I'd FREAK if my heat was that high!) and I tell them (and show them the thermostat and temp readings) "nope..its 68 in here... we just use the humidifiers, just feels warmer"

Our electric bill isnt bad at all - its on budget of $210 and we've just now went over this month, it was at 243.00 - and its all electric in this house, including the heat! Even in Summer our electric with 6 AC units never gets to $210.00.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom