To help or not to help.

chichi56788

Songster
9 Years
May 2, 2010
Columbia, SC
My chick is upside down in the egg pipping twords the bottom of the incubator. She has made a largeish hole. Should I flip it over. She seems to be trying to do it her self for the last 4 hours but to no avail. Should I help or not?

I personally would help but thats me. I wouldn't do it all though just enough to make it easier for it.

Give it a bit longer and see if the chick is starting to zip. If not give it a little help,

Good Luck,
sandie

do you have a spray bottle you could mist the incubator to bring the humidity back up or you could even wet a paper towel I don't think it would hurt for just a minute or two though long enough to help a bit.

ok, I helped and there was a big gaping hole on the bottom. I cant realy describe what I saw. It was moving. Im going to try to take a pic.

ok you sound like me I am going to be so nervous and anxious when mine start hatching... can't wait to see the pic!!!

I cant get a picture of it because it is at such an odd angle. So here is my drawing. It looks like a little canaries head. I can see a black dot that opens and closes (eye?) and an orange triangle. There also seems to be a thin membrain over the whole thing.
56148_egg.jpg

I get what your talking about I had to help an egg hatch that we had in our first incubator which was homeade and sucked anyways I know this isn't recommended and i was taking a gamble. I started the pip in it last night and helped it finish today it was on day 25 and the one that was supose to hatch 2 days before this one I didn't help and it ended up dying. Needless to say the little fellow is weak but is starting to cheap like crazy. I just hope it makes it because it has pretty colors in it and is so precious. When i started the pip in it I saw the white membrane your talking about. Well if I can get the humidity right in my incubator tonight for lock down then I am off to bed. Good luck with your hatch and I will definately check in tomorrow to see if you have posted pics of the new chicks...

Back
Top Bottom