To help or not

crissycriss

Songster
11 Years
Apr 8, 2012
Heflin Alabama
I have a mallard egg that goes into lockdown 15th (tomorrow). S/he internaly pipped yesterday the 13th. Has not externaly pipped yet.Should i pip the outer shell for it?My last mallards did this i waited didnt help lost 5 out of 8.If id helped sooner i could of saved them.Now I dont know what to do.Im scared if i dont i will lose it like the others but if i do it will be to early.What would you do?

I have a mallard egg that goes into lockdown 15th (tomorrow). S/he internaly pipped yesterday the 13th. Has not externaly pipped yet.Should i pip the outer shell for it?My last mallards did this i waited didnt help lost 5 out of 8.If id helped sooner i could of saved them.Now I dont know what to do.Im scared if i dont i will lose it like the others but if i do it will be to early.What would you do?

How many days old are they now? Depending on the humdity etc, ducks can go from 28 to 31 days and some even 32 days..... Good luck!

An update.....
Waited until morning of day 25. When i candled no movement.So i took a small drill bit and made a little hole.Fully formed chick had a little yolk that wasn't asorbed,dead in shell :(

sad.png
Oh no sorryyy

Thanks :) im new at this so learning as i go. Another member helped me with some sites that was great information.My temps has to be running high to cause early hatching.Plus i may need to make my vents bigger.So fingers crossed for my next hatch.Thanks for the help! Forgot my manners sorry abouy that.

Back
Top Bottom