To help those who want to lose weight.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by theoldchick, Jan 2, 2011.

1. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I'm watching this show about super morbidly obese people. So sad! I'm still having trouble understanding how they keep the weight on? Once they are bedridden how are they able to eat to maintain that size? On the other hand I admire these brave people who allow themselves to be shown on TV so other may learn from their disorder.

2. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Someone (?) is shopping for and providing the food. That's the person whom I'd like to see interviewed?

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Exactly. There is an enabler somewhere in the shadows who really wants to keep their victim in their control. I've learned some are successful but as soon as they return home the weight is back. I couldn't afford to eat 30,000 calories a day!

4. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

I was watching this show yesterday on obse teens, omg... My heart just goes out to them [​IMG] Their moms really couldv'e taken the time to show them how to eat, properly to avoid most issues. I do think it's great that these people go on tv, to help others learn. My almost 5 year old daughter was pretty concerened with how they got this way. And how not to get this way.. I of course told her the truth, eat healthy, eat you veggies, go outside and get fresh air... You know all the things I already preach..
    Saw 16 year old that was 500 pounds [​IMG] How did this happen, child abuse? I would've been to the doc, when the wieght problem started.. But I live in Canada, not too sure if you can go see a doc. in the states if you have no money? [​IMG]

5. Moabite

Moabite Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Utah
    Would you give someone an entire pizza if they are so fat that they can't even walk to the front door to pay the delivery driver? I believe that I wouldn't. I'd grow weary of changing their diapers. Tough love is the only way I could deal with it.

6. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    Quote:Agreed. It is as big a sickness on the part of the caregiver as it is on the part of the overeater. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by