TO KNOW MORE ABOUT CHICKS

IRENE TOH

Hatching
Dec 17, 2017
Hi,
First, I need the incubator Octagon 20 advance or the latest model.
Secondly I had 22nos of eggs to be hatch by your incubator Octagon 20 advance which I had t-loan from my friend.
Thirdly, I had make a box with light and fan in a box and happily I will able to hatch 5 chicks now.
Please comment and advise.
Thanks
Irene

G’Day from down under Irene :frow Welcome!

Sorry, I only have experience with hatches under a broody hen but I hope these links to some appropriate forum(s)/thread(s) are of assistance:

Incubating & Hatching Eggs
Raising Baby Chicks Forum
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...-sunshine-hosts-bantychooks-and-more.1137467/

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Hi Irene and welcome to BYC. Teila has given you some great links. The only advice I'd give is to do a couple of test runs with your incubator to help get the settings correct for optimal hatch rates, before putting expensive eggs in there. Also, I've no come across the use of a fan in a brooder so do s little more reading before you go that route.

Including your general location, under your avatar will help other members to give the best advice possible for any future input / questions that you may have.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom