to let in the house or not

countrigalnga

Chirping
Apr 11, 2022
Hello everyone! I have a hen Henrietta that loves to come in the house and get an oatmeal cookie everyday. She will squalk at the door until I open it and comes right in and heads to the couch. I would like to bring her in the house during the day sense she enjoys napping on me and watching tv. But I have no clue if I should do this and then let her go back to the flock in the evenings. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Hello everyone! I have a hen Henrietta that loves to come in the house and get an oatmeal cookie everyday. She will squalk at the door until I open it and comes right in and heads to the couch. I would like to bring her in the house during the day sense she enjoys napping on me and watching tv. But I have no clue if I should do this and then let her go back to the flock in the evenings. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
If you're okay with potential messes, let her in.

Just a little update on my sweet Henrietta. We have come to a compromise. She still comes in and gets her cookie and watches TV with me but goes out with the flock and does her 'chicken things' during the day. However, in the evening she comes in the house to roost. I set her up a 'cage bedroom' where she has a nice towel to roost on and food and water at her disposel. She also gets a bedtime snack of oatmeal with a few berries. She is spoiled rotten and she knows it. When she is ready to go out in the mornings she squalks to let me know. We have added to our flock and although I love them all...my Henrietta is my baby.

Back
Top Bottom