To Make Us All Appreciate Our Husbands.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by deb1, Oct 19, 2009.

1. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    I thought that I would post this so most of my fellow BYC females can look at their husbands and say, "shew, he isn't so bad after all".:DIf you aren't married then you can be grateful to. You might have ended up with my hubby's classmate.

My husband is working and attending college full time. After one of the classes he was talking to another man. He asked the man if he had any kids and the man said, "Yes, three daughters, 6, 4 and 2."

My hubby, who has always been involved with our kids, asked if any of the girls were 'daddy's girls."

The man snapped, "They ARE six and four."

My husband confused explained that our two daughters were daddy's girls at that age and he always enjoyed playing with them.

Again the man responded that his daughters were 'Six and four." As if a man can't spend time with a six year old and a four year old. [​IMG] I guess he forgot about his two year old.

My hubby and I are now working on a preteen, two teenagers and an out of the house adult. Our kids grew up very, very fast. My husband wondered to me at what age the man thought that his daughters were fit to hang out with? If you don't spend time with them when they are little then they won't want to hang out with you when they become older.

The guy also announced to my hubby that his wife didn't really care if he didn't go home. um...okay My husband said that this wasn't said in a 'poor me' manner but very coldly.

I know some people aren't great parents but most people aren't so obvious dismissive of their own children.

My poor husband might have to work on a project with this guy. [​IMG]

After that story, I have to say that I am grateful for my hubby. He has always been a wonderful dad and husband.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  2. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Yet another reason to stay single [​IMG]

3. RickiHupp

RickiHupp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    Give your hubby a pat on the back!!! It really gets to me when "fathers" think that girls belong with the mom!!! Grrrr

You have an awesome Hubby!!! [​IMG]

4. GaNewChick

GaNewChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    Quote:But, not all men are bad. [​IMG]

5. RickiHupp

RickiHupp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio

You could always take Deb1s hubby, he is a good guy!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] JOKE~!!!!

6. deb1

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Quote:Thank you. [​IMG]

7. deb1

Jun 26, 2008
    NC

You could always take Deb1s hubby, he is a good guy!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] JOKE~!!!!

[​IMG] No, I got him finally trained just like I want him to be. It took me 21 years of hard labor to. You can all work on your own men. [​IMG]

8. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    I've known a lot of guys who felt they had to wait until their kids reached a certain age before they started doing this with them. I started taking mine with me as soon as I could. I've even changed diapers in an ice shanty.

9. GaNewChick

GaNewChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    Quote:Had to google an ice shanty.....[​IMG]

10. chickinlickin

chickinlickin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Ohio
    We raised 2 daughters (23 and 26), never had a son. I worked 3 to midnight shift and my wife worked days..... I was home all day, every day with them and my wife was home in the evenings....from the time they were born till my oldest was 8 (my youngest was 5)..I changed diapers, fed them, put them down for naps, did their hair (kinda [​IMG]), ran them to pre-school....if I had to go somewhere, they went with me, ....my wife and I did almost all of the household chores on the weekends when we could help each other.....and it was just part of my life....I admit that there were times I thought it was a hassle, but now, I would not trade that time for anything. We share some great memories of those days. I am still close to both of them and love them more than life itself.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by