To many Treats??

ladybug99

Songster
9 Years
Aug 10, 2010
Monroe New Jersey
I have 8 week old Welsummers.. they have been out in the coop with a covered run for over a month now. They are doing very well and really seem to enjoy thier home. Every night before I close them up I feed them treats. I work in a place that always has left over sandwiches which I feed them everyother day or so (tuna, egg salad and peanut better and jelly).. other days I will give them oatmeal, cheese, and fresh fruit and veggies and greens from the garden. I just put up a new feeder on Sunday and checked it today and noticed the feed level hasn't really gone down. am I feeding them to many treats?? They are very healthy and happy but I am worried the feed has nutrients I can't provde in thier treats... I am will to stop feeding them treats but they look forward to it sooo much.. looking for some advice from the experts here
smile.png

I guess I have nothing to worry about.. the treats barely last 3 minutes let alone 10 ......I don't ever give them sugar... I forgot to post the peanut butter and jelly are sugarfree....but I will keep the bread limited....last night it was rice, cheese and yogert and some wormy tomatoes from the garden.. gone by the time I closed the coop door!!!

thanks for your imput
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom