To Mite or not to Mite??? That is the question.😀

Tree Goat

In the Brooder
Mar 26, 2020
Waldorf, MD
Have a starter herd of six hens and four turkey poults. Should I be practicing preventive medicine for my birds by spraying the brood and birds with Mite prevention mist? Or should I just wait and eradicate if mites surface? Thanks in advance.

It is not necessary or healthy to use products for lice or mite prevention if they do not have any parasites. Check their skin once in a while to check for moving bugs or eggs on their skin on bellies and under wings. If you see any, then permethrin spray or garden dust is a safe treatment. Elector PSP is another good product, although expensive, and may be used less frequently.

It is not necessary or healthy to use products for lice or mite prevention if they do not have any parasites. Check their skin once in a while to check for moving bugs or eggs on their skin on bellies and under wings. If you see any, then permethrin spray or garden dust is a safe treatment. Elector PSP is another good product, although expensive, and may be used less frequently.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom