to much protein stop egg laying ?

karlamaria

Songster
8 Years
Jan 30, 2011
Western montana
my kids feed my birds every day loads of grass hoppers, and they get goodies, will to much protein hinder laying or stop it?? there so happy and healthy but am I slowing down the progression of egg laying?? one is squatting, and bocking louder, but nothing and her waddles and top are bright red. but nothing .

Could you tell us a bit more?
Has she been laying and stopped suddenly? What do you normally feed her and how much?
I did find if I feed my hens too much they lay less... So she may be getting a bit too much of a good thing. May be something else. Bugs are good food, I raise chicks on it. (And chickfood of course!)

my girls are 20 weeks now, but we feed them so much goodies and we love to give them fruits and yogurt and of course what we had for dinner. i was just wondering if the protein is to high and thats maybe why there not laying? there young yet, and the weather is cool here, we are in the lower 80's today but have been in the 70's and several days ago in the 60's lol. just wondering if all our goodies will slow there growth or egg laying.
thanks

Back
Top Bottom