To my babies

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Dudu, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Dudu

Dudu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    Ħal Luqa, Malta
    Here is a video I put together the other day about some of my darlings, past and present:

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

That was a beautiful tribute to all your babies. They are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing the video with us all.

3. Dudu

Jul 20, 2011
    Ħal Luqa, Malta
    Thank you, glad you enjoyed it...

4. Poinsettia

Poinsettia Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2012
    Brilliant Video!

5. abbey808

abbey808 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Hawaii
    Beautiful video! It brought tears to my eyes... very touching tribute to your birds. [​IMG]

6. Dudu

Jul 20, 2011
    Ħal Luqa, Malta
    Thank you so much :)
    Being a dog person, it was a shock for me to discover how amazing chickens are...

7. abbey808

abbey808 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Hawaii
    People are always amazed when I tell them about how friendly and loving my girls are. Even more shocking to them is when I tell them about how snuggly and cuddly my rooster is. He is the biggest baby of them all. He is the only one who will let me turn him over onto his back and cradle him like a baby. He not only tolerates it, but he loves being held that way and will fall asleep in my arms.

Chickens are very special and affectionate animals. It's too bad that most of the world doesn't see them that way.

8. Dudu

Jul 20, 2011
    Ħal Luqa, Malta
    How awesome your roo is!!
    Mine too love to snuggle, I had taken two roosters and two hennies to a rabbit show recently (for kids to see and pet, while my partner was exhibiting his purebred rabbits), and towards the evening, when it was "chicky bedtime", I took them in turns in my arms and carried them around wrapped them in my shawl (to make them AND myself warm!) - people were shocked to see how they would close their eyes and totally relax and doze off... :) One of my roos almost purrs like a cat when you pick him up, and tries to stick his head into the opening of my sleeve, LOL, to be warm and cosy! I've gotten to where I spray my perfume the last thing before heading out for the office, in fear that it will harm them while I'm handling them during the morning chores.

Thanks for the warm comments, it means a lot to me. I am learning so much from chickens, and I think one of the big things is their strong will to live.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by