1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

To my disappointment...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Fluffers, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Forget the duck! You have more in your life to think about!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. i'm just an innocent person don't ask me questions

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Fluffers

Fluffers Chillin' With My Peeps

I have been on the search for a remote control duck. Not the one that lame one that can splash water at itself, but the real rc duck. The one that can swim, that looks cool (but also at the same time looks REALLY unrealistic, and leaves a giant trail of water behind it.). I recently found it after i was with my mom downstairs, we were talking, and i said, "hey, wouldn't it be cool if there was a remote control duck or goose?" She said yeah, there even might already be one. So i went upstairs on my computer, and looked up on Google search, Remote Control Duck. To my surprise,i found them! I l clicked on a website selling them. Ultimate Hunter Swim'n Duck Remote Control Decoy.(i wouldn't be using it for hunting though, more as a toy) Mallards! Pintails! Wood Ducks! Widgeons!They are so cool! For the super low price of 60 bucks! (ugh, not) I wanted to save up money to buy it, if i buy a 4 pack, the 4th one is FREE!!! So i asked my mom if we could stop by Bass Pro to get one, (we were going by there on Saturday, plus the website said it would be there or Cabellas) She said yes. I double check their website, to see if it was in stock and all, and i didn't find it [​IMG]I know with huge stores they don't always have all their stuff on their online store, but i just didn't end up going. My obsession led to me making one,his name is Drake.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I guess it was ok, it worked and all, but it wasn't the same. I needed that duck. I looked on Ebay, Cragslist, Let go, Nothing. i forgot about him for a while.
    One day My uncle had to get Heart Surgery in Seattle. My mom went with other family. She was talking to my Uncle's Brother, (i think it was his brother) and he was a duck hunter, and talking about a new decoy he bought. My mom said, " Oh, that reminds me of this remote control duck thing, my daughter really wants one." He then said, THAT REMOTE CONTROL DUCKS are in fact, illegal in Washington State for hunting [​IMG] I could probably still buy one for a toy, but will i be able to? ugh, let me know. Should i buy one?

2. chickluvinfreak

chickluvinfreak Chillin' With My Peeps

If you use it as just a toy I would think that it would be fine. It's illegal for HUNTING with not playing. So their isn't really any reason you could get in trouble. Right? If you really want one go for it :)

3. Fluffers

Yay! Lol that's what my mom said :p

4. chickluvinfreak

chickluvinfreak Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, moms are almost always right ;)
    Good luck with your remote duck :)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  5. Fluffers

Yay! Now i got to make 20 more bucks to stay within budget :p

6. silkieRaiser

silkieRaiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2016
    Seattle, Washington
    My Coop
    lol

7. JaredCrue

JaredCrue Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2016
    Western New York
    My Coop
    At a shooting club, a guy brought in a RC Canadian Goose.
    I can't remember if it floated, or drove on land.
    But it had red lights for eyes, and it could shoot. (It was meant for scaring things away.)

It was pretty cool.

Go get your duck, and enjoy. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. silkieRaiser

silkieRaiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2016
    Seattle, Washington
    My Coop
    Have fun with it!

1 person likes this.
  9. Fluffers

I will!

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I'd plan on more $$$ I always think I'm ready to buy something and then realize how much tax there is to pay. I don't know about Washington, but the different suburbs around us have 9% to nearly 12% tax on non -food items. Really puts a damper on some purchases. By the way I love your version of the duck. Very good and inventive. Keep it up, you may end up making your own to sell someday. I'm a senior citizen and know I would enjoy playing with your duck .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by