To silkie, or not to silkie?

Contact ideas:
  • 4-h clubs
  • feed stores
  • poultry clubs
  • craigslist ISO
  • state group here
Someone else has chickens and might share with you. But your coop is very very small. The above idea of two bantams is not bad with that set up.

However, adding silkies to a RIR that is established is pretty guaranteed to be a wreck. Get her a full size friend.

Mrs K

Thank you!
Lol I searched craigslist and a cockatoo and a bunch of bulls came up. 🤦
I have contacted our local 4H but they haven't replied
In reference to my coop size, what are you saying? Boy that sounded rude! Just not sure how else to word it. I guess, what are you trying to tell me? Not sure that came across any nicer! 😂

Oh so sorry, did not mean to be rude. Meant to come across as factual. Space is incredibly important with introducing strange birds to each other. More space, works much better. Those are darling coops, but so many times they vastly overestimate the number of birds that will fit in there and be nice to each other.

Your yard/run looks good, plenty of space there, but your coop is small, especially if you get deep snow, and they have to stay in the coop. Smaller birds might work better in it.

Nothing meant derogatory to you, many people get those, and often times later on regret it.

Again, no intention of being rude was intended.

Mrs K

Back
Top Bottom