1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

to the lady at TSC

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Adorkable, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Adorkable

Adorkable Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2010
    I appreciate you saving it when all the other ducks piled up on top of it and almost drowned it, but it's running around and active so please put the duckling back in with the rest of the ducks where he belongs and stop trying to sell it as a 'pet' duck. He/she is 1-2 days old and needs to be around other ducklings so that it knows it is indeed a DUCK! At the very least put another duckling or 2 in with it to keep it company.

KthanksBYE!

2. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Overrun With Chickens

Apr 13, 2011
    Fox Valley, IL
    My Coop
    How well trained are their staff in handling young poultry?

3. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Holy crap, your TSC is carrying ducklings/chicks? If so, I need to avoid that place like the plague. I've witnessed terrible things during chick days at TSC.

4. Adorkable

Sep 23, 2010
    Not very is my guess. The ducklings looked like day old mallards and white mallards. She said she is supposed to sell them in pairs. I asked the lady if they were mallards and she said "oh I don't know... they're just ducks".

I don't have much experience with ducks myself. I am just starting out with them and have 6 that I'm brooding at the moment. I think it goes beyond training though. Whenever I've seen ducks in the wild I never see a single duck. I always see several ducks together which would lead me to believe that they're social critters that prefer being in groups. Putting a couple of ducklings in with it just seems like the logical thing to do being that it's active and running around [​IMG]

5. Adorkable

Sep 23, 2010
    Yup they have them already. I went there to pick up some equine wood pellets and of course I was naturally drawn to the peepers. What terrible things have you seen there?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by