To those who have indoor ducks with diapers...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Happyflower, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Happyflower

Happyflower Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2009
    Midwest
    Can you tell me what life is like with a duck that lives indoors? How often do you feed your duck, how many diaper changes, what do you do about swimming, etc.? What do you feed them if they don't free graze outside? What do you do if you want to go away for a couple days? Do you hold them like a lap dog, do they come up on your furniture? How are they with your other pets?

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    The only permanent indoor duck I have is disabled- And doesnt wear a diaper. She gets cuddles when ever I pass by her " room" a babies portable cot. She has constant access to food and water - gets a swim in the bath tub every day as well. I change all her bedding while she is swimming. She comes out to the lounge room to sit on my lap and gets taken outside on the grass when the weather is good ( winter here now so she hasnt been out for a while, ) I only ever go to to block of land on the country- and I take her with me. I havent been away anywhere in years- but would much rather stay home with my ducks anyway. I have to vary her food. At the moment she is very thin - so I am trying to build her up a bit. I bought her meal worms - but she wouldnt eat them. I will be trying her with some normal earth worms tomorrow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by