To Trade Male Guineas West Central Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ilovechickens, Jan 18, 2009.

1. ilovechickens

ilovechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2008
    West Central Wisconsin
    I have adopted a Guinea flock of 7 in November, I was told that it would be a good idea to trade the males to prevent birth defects from being inbred. If anyone is interested please let me know. They are healthy birds, and are the most common color, kind of purplish. [​IMG] If anyone is interested, please let me know. I am also new to Guineas, I don't know a lot about them except on the inbreeding. Thanks, or I can trade Females. It dose not make a difference to me. All I want to do is maintain a healthy flock.[​IMG]

2. KareyABohr

KareyABohr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2009
    SE Iowa
    I don't have anything to trade, Guinnea wise--but I live in Iowa and would be willing to take a few of the male guinneas off your hands, buy them from you.
    My son, who is 4 and is learning to do the 'basic' chores around the farm has developed a love affair with guinneas after one was given to us because the rest were eaten by hawks.
    My daughter (7) is getting a flock of Welsh Harliquins for her 4-h project and I think it would be a very appreciated suprise if my son recieved a few birds to call his own as well!
    We don't care that they are males!
    Let me know if you are willing to let me buy them from you because we really do only have that lone guinnea.

3. ilovechickens

Jun 14, 2008
    West Central Wisconsin
    Let me check how many males I have, and I know that it sounds kind of wierd not knowing how many I have, but I think that we can work something out. They were given to me, there fore once we figure out how to get them there not a problem.[​IMG]

4. ilovechickens

Jun 14, 2008
    West Central Wisconsin
    Where in Iowa are you located, my son works there and comes home on weekends. Let me know the location, also I will check my females, I really only want a couple of them. If you would like a female also let me know.

5. KareyABohr

KareyABohr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2009
    SE Iowa
    I would LOVE a female also! I will reply off thread.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by