to treat or not to treat?

ChknObssd

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 7, 2013
Harrah, OK
I have been giving my six 1 month to 2 month old chickens their feed everyday, but on top of that they get to go into their run and I even let them out to free range in the evening a couple times a week (when I have lots of extra time to sit out and babysit since they are so small still.) I have been giving them leftovers almost everyday this week along with a small hanging bag of different greens that they have access to everyday. Am I giving them too much? They still eat their feed. I was thinking it was okay because it wasnt "candy" or junk food, but then got to thinking that maybe this is like that for them because they eat grass and bugs all the time. any thoughts or suggestions?

People have been giving their chickens leftovers for ages, just to be frugal if nothing else. It sounds like their diet is probably pretty well balanced. I don't think I'd worry about it.

Okay--thank you! I am already super attached to these girls and just want to soak up as much info as possible so that I can give them the best life and get the best eggs! :)

Back
Top Bottom