1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

To use Corid or not?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by poppycock1974, Feb 1, 2016.

1. poppycock1974

poppycock1974 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2015
    Jacksonville FL
    My 2 week old chicks have been doing great but I noticed 3 poop piles this morning that had blood in them. They looked very similar to the "shed stomach lining" poop pictures except for one- a little more splayed out and darker red. I went ahead and ordered Corid because I freak out over small stuff. I haven't seen any poop that looks abnormal since this morning, other than some brown/yellow stinky diarrhea looking poop.
    Should I go ahead and treat all of them with Corid just in case, treat just the one that I know had the diarrhea (only once today that I know of) or keep an eye on them? I was worried that if I treat them with Corid, if they don't need it, it may hurt them.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  2. Dianacatz

Dianacatz Chillin' With My Peeps

I think it is intestinal lining and nothing to worry about. Though you should get him/her tested for cocci if you are very concerned.

Wishes,
    Diana

1 person likes this.
  3. poppycock1974

poppycock1974 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2015
    Jacksonville FL
    I'm not too concerned at this moment. The closest Dr that will see poultry is around an hour away as far as I've researched. I just wasn't sure if I should treat something that 'may' be coccidi. The last thing I want to do is treat a healthy chick and make things worse.

4. Dianacatz

Dianacatz Chillin' With My Peeps

Go to the vet because if it is really coccidiosis it could be life threatening to the chick.

Wishes,
    Diana

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by