To Welsummer Experts

MotherOfChickens

Songster
Jun 29, 2017
Middle Tennessee
Are these babies Welsummers or something else? They are 4 weeks and 1 day old. If you need a different angle photo just let me know.

I think this one is a cockerel, yes?
IMG_20180421_081232_466.jpg

I think this one is a pullet, yes?
IMG_20180421_081006_622.jpg

Yes first is a cockerel and second is a pullet.
They do look like welsummers.
There are other breeds that look so simular its hard to say for sure until older. Brown leghorns is the closest.
If they were sold as welsummer is assume they were until proven otherwise such as white earlobes.

There are other breeds that look so simular its hard to say for sure until older. Brown leghorns is the closest.
If they were sold as welsummer is assume they were until proven otherwise such as white earlobes.
Thank you!
I got them from a 4th grade teacher who just hatched a bunch of different breed of chicks for her class so she wasnt sure what they were. I got them when they were about 5 days old

X2

Thank you!
I got them from a 4th grade teacher who just hatched a bunch of different breed of chicks for her class so she wasnt sure what they were. I got them when they were about 5 days old
Did she buy eggs from a hatchery/breeder or a backyard flock? That could be the difference between purebred identification or mixed breed chicks

Back
Top Bottom