To whom does this egg belong??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Jessie and Kade, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Jessie and Kade

Jessie and Kade Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2012
    Hey everyone sooo my baby girl Kadee (FBCM) is not so little anymore and is doing the sexual stance dance everytime I go in to clean or feed or just visit my girls! She has developed her pants and just looks soooo grown up compared to when I got her months back! Jessie (RIR) looks like a hedgehog right now just finishing a molt and hasn't laid eggs since November it was a loooong drawn out molt! So today I went in to clean and feed and Jessie started to peck and roll an egg that was in the middle of the coop floor! Sooo wondering to whom does this egg belong? It's small compared to Jessie's eggs from before November but I think it may be hers? Seems to light for a BCM egg But if it is it would be her 1st ever egg! Kadee (BCM) is now around 6-7mths is that still too young for BCM's to lay eggs? Her "danicing" started about a week ago. So here is the egg and I appreciate any input :)[​IMG]

2. NJchixs

NJchixs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2012
    Jackson, NJ
    Congrats! I'd say its they marans egg. Looks just like my girls first few. Right down to the specks. My one started at seven months and the other a little bit later. I can tell the difference between the two. And since you said its not your RIR usual, I would think she isn't laying yet. My two molters haven't pinked up in the comb yet, so I know they aren't laying again.

3. Jessie and Kade

Nov 11, 2012
    Thanks :) my RIR still has some pin feathers and hasn't come back to Full feather yet which is why I was confused as right now she still only has 1 tail feather (she used to be so beautiful lol you'd Never guess its the same chicken lol!!) it was laid in the middle of the floor so I put golf balls in the nest to show them where to lay hope it works!! Thanks again for the comment really appreciate it!!

4. Jessie and Kade

Nov 11, 2012
    Well it looks like we were wrong! It's a BCM egg. So I found the egg (in the photo above) 2 days ago. Yesterday there was an egg that looked like a "normal" RIR egg, and Today :D 1 of each 1 smaller darker egg and 1 lighter larger egg :D its official they are Both laying!!! I was sooooo excited today to see 2 and the golf balls idea worked for my RIR to lay in the nest boxes as she was laying in the middle of the coop but my BCM still has some learning to do lol!![​IMG]

5. NJchixs

NJchixs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2012
    Jackson, NJ
    Woo Hoo. Yay for eggs.

6. Jessie and Kade

Nov 11, 2012
    Thanks was pretty excited!! Hope my FBCM's eggs get darker!!

7. aleebama

aleebama Out Of The Brooder

Jan 15, 2012
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Congrats!

8. Jessie and Kade

Nov 11, 2012

9. Jessie and Kade

Nov 11, 2012
    Our latest Eggs from Kadee CRAZY HUGE the white egg is a Large size store bought egg!! I was Shocked!! When I got home today she was singing her Egg song as loud as can be I could hear her in the house even guess she was pretty proud of herself LOL!!
    [​IMG][/IMG]

10. Jessie and Kade

Nov 11, 2012
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by