To Whom Shared The Secret Of Peeling Boiled Eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mourningdove

Songster
11 Years
Dec 17, 2008
Cleveland, Tn.
Some time back someone on BYC told how to peel eggs with ease... I don't remember who that was but I did read the post & learned from it!
lol.png
So whoever you are I just wanted to say a big Thank You for your tip! Today I boiled up some eggs and for the 1st time ever I had
no problems getting ALL of the eggs to peel perfectly!
celebrate.gif

So whoever you are again Thank You!!!
tongue.png

It has worked for me every time as well! Even when I was peeling old store eggs, they didn't usually come out as clean and nice as my fresh ones do now. There is a thread on it in the recipe section, but as I remember it you boil the water with a little salt, then put the eggs in gently (I use a slotted spoon to lower them in) while the water is boiling. Keep it boiling and leave the eggs in for 14mins. Take the eggs out and run cool water over them until you can handle them easily (they will still be warm). Crack and peel.. works every time!

I don't add any salt and they still peel easily. I think the OP of that thread said to drain the eggs and cool in ice water, but I use regular cold tap water and it works fine. It really is amazing!

I also poke a slightly larger than pin hole in the air sac end of the egg along with the salt water..

To test this method I took eggs right out of the nest and boiled them.. it worked great.. so much for that old myth that the eggs have to be old...

...jiminwisc..

You don't have to boil them for 14 minutes! I boil mine 5 minutes then turn them off, let them sit in the water with a lid on for 14-17 minutes then soak in ice water! It works every time for me, got the hint from Martha!
I also leave them in the shell and peel as I need them, they still come out perfect!

Quote:
same o, same o,, the water is still just below boiling temp for most of the time afterwards.. You make a good poit, though.. You are saving the gas or electric for 10 minutes..

leave in the shell? naah, when I cook it, I eat it ,,,,now!
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom